Saturday 21 October 2017

Carology News - Editing Process Part 3 Audio Recording & Editing Channel Trailer

Today we wanted to have a day of patching up the edit with parts that we felt where needed. We decided to get back on location to re-film some of the parts that we felt where not great or parts where there was a missing shot for example.

We got shots from inside the car of me driving that we can place over the talking in car in the package segment. We also filmed a shot of me getting out of the car that will be placed at the end of the package as before this i parked in the parking space and then popped up out the car with nothing inbetween. We only needed to film a few shots but George did the majority of the filming while Andrew did 2 shots from the outside of the car driving past. These clips are nothing abstract but all help the story make sense and the shots leaving the car park certainly do that. We thought it would be best to film these shots as it tells the story better and it did not take too long to record.

Once we had got back to the studios and imported all of the footage back onto the PC, Cailan arrived and we decided he should edit the channel trailer as we did not have one yet and he was left with nothing to do.

I had already got Cailan set up with all of the clips we have filmed as well as extra press B Roll of the cars that we mentioned in the project. All Cailan needed to do from this point was put them into an order he seemed fitting as well as putting some sort of music track over it to keep the attention of the viewer. Cailan set to work on this while Andrew and I recorded our voiceover pieces.

We set up in the audio room and Andrew set up his laptop so that we could view the script. I had set up a RODE Microphone plugged into a Tascam device. Both Andrew and myself did not need many takes to get the perfect run through. We did have to hold the microphone meaning that we had to be really careful with how we held it and also making sure about not moving it too much.

Once Cailan was editing the intro and George was editing the main news piece I was kind of left with nothing to do. I worked on my blog posts and tried to give my input to George and Cailan but was careful at the same time that I didn't take too much control because I don't want George or Cailan feel like I'm trying to take control of either of the edits. As Cailan had missed the morning filming it felt right he would do the channel trailer. George was making steady progress with the edit but did spend a lot of time on a animated map which was taking hours to

create and in my honest opinion it
did not look that "in-place" right now. I did try suggesting what could be changed but it seemed it would not be changed because of the time constraints which is fair. We will be filming at Brands Hatch tomorrow to complete our live piece which I am looking forward to. It looks like it will be just myself and George because Cailan has a Family dinner and Andrew will also be busy. This means George will have to operate all cameras sound and lighting all by himself but as a presenter I will do my best to help him in all areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...