Monday 2 October 2017

A Setback For Our Project - Smart Car Maidstone Pulls Out





Unfortunately on Sunday we had a setback to our project. Smart who had said throughout that they where happy for us to borrow a car backed out. This is strange as we visited on Thursday and they where still very sure that they could get something sorted for us. Unfortunately it seems that they did not want to tell us this to our face and this has wasted a few more days as we believed they where still working on something for us.

Whilst they did still offer us the chance to film the still car in the showroom, which we may well take up, we are still a little frustrated as a team they kept stringing us a long saying something was possible but in reality it was never going to be the case.

As I wanted to make sure we got some moving car shots in our pice I took it apon myself to get the team motivated to contact some more local car dealerships. Cailan would look near Crawley, I would look in East Sussex and George and Andrew where going to email around the medway dealerships.

We still did have a possible link with Hyundai in Maidstone but that was only a Hybrid car but we may still and follow this lead as the same version of the car they offered us will be fully electric in 2018.

However I wanted to get as many contacts as possible to I did emil around 15 more local dealerships in hoping that I would get a solid reply by the deadline for contributors this friday.  Most of the "contact us" forms on the website have a 1,000 or 500 character limit meaning i had to take out a lot of the info when sending a message over.

Whilst this situation is tough as a team I think we have the time to still get it sorted. As I am super-interested in this form of television I really am pushing myself to get the team staying focused and getting work done, I have tried to set everyone tasks to get done before the next day we are in for example to make sure everyone has something to feedback on when we get to said next day.

I already received one reply early this morning which was a positive, it was a pretty generic response but I have emailed back discussing if we could possibly borrow a car for a few hours!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...