Wednesday 22 November 2017

Watford Ladies Commission: Timetable & More planning

After some more emails with Watford's general manager Ed, he said that the club would also supply the tickets for the game, all I needed to do was email him the names of who was coming. I am going to leave a couple of days to organise who will be helping me before I submit the names. Ideally, I would have help from at least one extra person on each of the shoot days, but as it a very busy time at university it is understandable if I can not find someone who is free.



As mentioned earlier. we will also be going to the hospice on Thursday 30th and Ed confirmed a time and a place for the meet. It would be at 1:30pm in South Bucks hospice in High Wycombe. This would be great to see the community side of football and the ways that the club helps out the local area!

I have been talking to Ed about Player and manager interviews and they will take place on the day and Ed will assist us with that, and on the day we will be able to see who is free to talk. Ed has been very helpful, and I really appreciate the club being so open to my ideas!


I have created a schedule that I want to work with to be able to make it to Watford in good time and giving us ample time to set up.

  • Tuesday & Wednesday. Leave home around 3pm, collect whoever may be helping me with the project and then head to Kings Langley. I hope to be in the area by 5pm but usual M25 traffic will probably mean it is closer to 6pm. Then there will be time for a quick dinner and I want to arrive at the training ground for 7:30pm to set up and talk to Ed.
  • Thursday. We will be visiting the hospice at 1:30pm so we will have to leave earlier, probably around 11am to make it there in good time. After the hospice, I may use the opportunity to get some drone shots of the area as the club said they have used them before and I think it would look good. We then may have some time to kill as training does not start until 8pm so we may find something to do for the hours in between.

  • Sunday. The game starts at 2pm, I hope to be at the ground for 12:30 so I can get some of the build up to the game and capturing some of the atmosphere. I will get the 10:29 train to get me there for 12:30.

This then gives me two weeks to edit and finish my report as well as doing my critical perspectives at the same time. It will be a busy time but I am looking forward to the challenge and also seeing how this vision comes to fruition!

I had also talked to Ed about using my drone at the training as I thought it would create a really interesting perspective. Ed liked the idea and said that they had used one in training before so it would not be a problem to use it again. I want to use my drone more because with university all the ideas we have had have not led to me using that often and I think it is very unique in the way it records films.

I am just adapting the script as well as working on the storyboards as well as writing the start of my report. I will also not be using any of the universities equipment so I will not need to fill out a risk assessment. I will of course, however, adhere to all the practices as if I had signed one. Luckily I have my own kit which I am pretty confident with and it also saves lugging around a big camera because a lot of the shots will be on foot and maybe at awkward angles.

I have also created a kit list for each day (I'll probably end up putting more on it when I remember it)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...