Wednesday 15 November 2017

Further updates: Schedule & Travel - Commision with Watford Ladies FC

Over the last day, I have been in contact with Ed from Watford Ladies FC, and we seem to have a near-perfect schedule for what we are going to film in place.

Ed also let me know where they are training on Tuesday to Thursday as this is different to where they play their games. The game is also an away game that is in central London, which is fine but does mean another transport plan.

The plan I sent to Ed was as follows:

Tues:
Interview with player: What went on in training and how do you assess an opponent and do you train specifically for them?

B-ROLL Shot from sidelines to overlay this interview.

Wed:
Interview with player: How did you get into football and what attracted you to Watford.

B-ROLL Shot from sidelines to overlay this interview.

Thurs:
Interview with player: What is the last training session like before the game? Do you focus on certain routines?

B-ROLL Shot from sidelines to overlay this interview.

Sunday:
Footage from game
Interview with player: opinions on the game
Interview with manager: opinions on game

It still has to be developed once I know who I will be interviewing, but at the time something with the nature of live sport cannot be planned but I will go to it with a good idea of what would be said. 

Ed also said that we should avoid the topic of "what interested them to Watford" due to their recent bad news about having to be demoted to the 3rd tier. I will plan around this and bounce ideas off of Ed to see what he thinks works best.


I knew I also needed to plan possible routes to the training ground and also the game at the weekend. Planning this before it actually happens is important as it will make it less stressful on the day as well making sure I know the route and areas to avoid. 
"The most critical bit of any video production is the nitty-gritties gathered before the camera starts rolling. Most magic happens in the planning and logistics phase. While poor pre-production may not hurt your video, lack of due diligence in proper planning will definitely break your budget." (The Innovation Enterprise, 2017) I know transport may not seem the most crucial stage of pre-planning but it was important for me to know where I was going and also how long it could potentially take. It was much better spending a few hours planning before starting my journey than being late and losing critical filming opportunities.

For the training sessions, I will visit "Harefield Academy – UB9 6ET" which is located south-west of Watford and I will be able to make it there in around 90 minutes. I will leave extra time however as it includes a lot of driving on the M25 meaning that there is a very high likelihood of delays.


As for the away game on Sunday at London Bee's, I will be most likely travelling by train because it is more in the center of London and I can see that being even more unpredictable with traffic. So with such a time sensitive occasion, I would rather trust the trains! 


I think that planning is going well, I want to start developing proper questions for the interviews in the next few days so I can then start filling out all the university forms etc.

Bibliography:

Google Maps, 2017
https://www.google.co.uk/maps
Accessed on 15th November 2017

The Innovation Enterprise, 2017
https://channels.theinnovationenterprise.com/articles/the-importance-of-pre-production-video-planning
Accessed on 15th November 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...