Monday 13 November 2017

Talking to Watford & Finalising an idea!

So after some discussion with Millwall and Liverpool, I decided it would best to focus on Watford as they were most enthusiastic about my idea and the project.

The idea I had originally emailed them about was a documentary showing the progress of women's football, which they really liked! They wanted me to take the lead on this idea and come up with a schedule and develop the idea.

However, this idea was short lived as the day after Watford made the announcement that they would have to be demoted to the third tier of women's football. I assume this would be because of the financial costs and right now it may not be financially good for them to stay in the current tier. Women's football is different in that aspect because of the smaller amount of teams playing they have to buy a license to play in a certain tier, and Watford's license runs out soon.

This means that my idea about the advancements in women's football would not make any sense to Watford because they in a way would be taking a step back, even if it is short term.

At this point in time, the project was at severe risk with them saying that they were very sorry but they would have to cancel this idea.

This, of course, left me in a very worrying situation. I had planned out a few ideas of who I wanted to interview and also was thinking about transport etc, to make the game I was going to film.

I had to think on my feet and I still wanted to work with Watford so I suggested a new idea. This new idea was "A Week behind the scenes at Watford Ladies". While this would be more taxing and take more time to film, I wanted to challenge myself.

I had this idea because I remember seeing videos such as "Tunnel Cam" by Manchester City on YouTube.


I find these videos interesting because they offer the viewer a unique perspective on the football game. It's also access that you would not normally get unless you were a player or senior club member.

I drew some inspiration from these videos when I mentioned the week behind the scenes videos to Ed. We could do something similar for Watford Ladies and we could go to another level and show training and interview players over a week.

The Watford Ladies manager Ed got in touch and liked the idea but wanted it to be delayed, even possibly in 2018. I mentioned to Ed that my deadline was mid- December and we found a very good common ground.

I will be filming "a week behind the scenes" from 27th November to 3rd December. This gives me around 2 weeks after the filming to edit as well as write up the report as well as the rest of finishing the rest of the unit. Originally Ed wanted it to be later because they are busier right now, but thankfully we agreed that this week would work as well!

I am really excited to get started now and will start planning the documentary now. Ed let me know their schedule for that week.
"Hi Alex,
We’ll be training on Tuesday 28 November, Wednesday 29 November and Thursday 30 November – we’ll also have afternoon at the South Bucks Hospice on Thursday 30 November at around 13:00.
There is then, as you know, the match against London Bees on Sunday 03 December, kick-off is at 14:00.
Kind Regards,
Ed"


Now to get planning!

Bibliography

Tunnel Cam Man City vs Man Utd, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k32jpjAMRw
Accessed on 13th November


No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...