Thursday 23 November 2017

Watford Ladies Commission: Storyboards

While I am not the greatest drawer, creating some storyboards would be important to follow when filming and this process will also help when I come to editing. "Storyboarding refers to the creation of a sequence of drawings that illustrates the levels of the game or its different scenes and goals. Each image includes a paragraph or two describing what is going on in the scene." (iadt, 2013) As a lot of my documentary is filming things of which I do not know what will be happening (eg. A football game) I gave myself of ideas of what to film in those instances as well as writing relevant text.

I was worried that my bad drawing would hold back my storyboards however many people say that they are just a way of reminding yourself about what you want to film, as well as following the conventions of documentary. "Do not be intimidated by storyboarding. The frames should be rough sketches. The artwork can be simple and even messy. Remember: you are only brainstorming your main ideas." (iadt, 2013) These storyboards may not look amazing but they are going to be an important visual clue to keep to the codes and conventions I have researched about documentaries.

References:
iadt, 2013
http://www.iadt.edu/student-life/iadt-buzz/june-2013/storyboarding-what-is-it-and-why-is-it-important
Accessed on 23 November 2017






No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...