Monday 27 November 2017

Watford Ladies Commission - Before Shooting Worries / Changes & Risk Assessment

I have been worried that as I have not posted a blog post every day that it may be seen that I have not been doing anything, but that isn't the case. Over the last few weeks, it has been tough to keep motivated for my project. Because many problems have been encountered as well as my eventual shooting dates ending up being very late. This means I will have a small amount of time to edit the project as well as completing the report and my critical perspectives at the same time.

I would not have chosen for the project to go this way, but it is and I am dealing with it in the best way possible. I have also received another big set back as late as the day before I was supposed to start filming. Ed, who has been great throughout and is the general manager of the club, told me today he would not be attending training on Tuesday meaning we would not be able to film. While this does save me a 250-mile round trip, it does make me worry even more. I had a 4-day shoot schedule which is now being shrunk to 3 days. Of course, it is frustrating after all the setbacks I have had to have another the day before shooting but I will do my best to cope with it.

It should hopefully not affect the quality of the work but it makes me worry more, which cannot be helped when shooting for such a big client and needing to deliver. I have got a good plan which will mean (excluding even more setbacks) I was worried everything would continue to go wrong, but i just needed some motivation to keep going. "Setbacks happen to everyone. You are not a failure or a loser for being thrown off your course. It’s important to take care of yourself through a setback, and let others know you are hurting so they are able to aid your healing. Be gentle with yourself and build in ample, restful sleep, a well-balanced diet, and lots of exercise to get your adrenaline and natural endorphins pumping. Invest in your body, and give it what it needs to feel good, be happy, and be energized to get back on track." (Huffington Post, 2016) I should be able to still film everything I want in the shortened shoot week. I still cannot thank the club enough for the opportunity, it is fantastic to work on a project I am so passionate about and at the same time, it is for such a big client.

I have also been working on my report while I have had free time to do so. I actually really enjoy writing about it because it has been an interesting experience and definitely the hardest to cope with mentally with so much going on and at the same time having to wait to start shooting. I have completed pretty much all I can do before I have actually filmed anything. I feel that this will hopefully put me in a good position when I need to finish the rest as I should have less to do and worry about.

However, I am still worried about the lack of time to do everything. With the critical perspectives as well in my mind it has been hard to focus. I am waiting for books from the library before I can really improve my essay, and Helen said I should do more reading before I start writing more on it otherwise it will lack structure. The last few weeks have been tough for me and I know it probably sounds pathetic but it has been the hardest part of university so far. However, I understand university is here to challenge us and I am up for that challenge. "It all starts with you. By competing, you are able to discover more about yourself and what you are good at, improve your knowledge and skills in familiar topics and learn more about things that you are not as good at. You will also be able to grow as a person when you engage in introspective thinking, be more spontaneous, humble, honest, spiritual, etc." (Student Competitions, 2017) I will undoubtably come across many challenges throughout my career and by trying new things now and working on problems I have not encountered yet, it will only help me in the long term!

Lastly, I have been writing up the risk assessment for my project. I was unsure at first if I needed to do one as I would not be using any of the universities kit, but after clarification from Helen, it sounds like it was best to for everyone's safety. "Risk assessment is simply a structured way of thinking about how you might cause harm to people for an activity or situation that is going to happen at some point in the future. It is a planning tool to help you minimise the risk of accidents, of ill health, threats to personal security, damage to property or the environment. The earlier, more thoroughly you do it and the better you communicate its’ findings, the more effective it is likely to be." (BBC, 2017)
Here is my risk assessment that I will hand in on Tuesday. I am sure there will be small alterations to it to make sure it is perfect but this is the complete version so far.

Bibliography:
BBC, 2017
http://www.bbc.co.uk/safety/generalsafety/safetymanagement/risk-assessment.html
Accessed on 27th November 2017

Huffington Post, 2016
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-bagnall/5-ways-to-stay-motivated-_1_b_10664424.html
Accessed on 27th November 2017

Student Competitions, 2017
https://studentcompetitions.com/posts/top-10-reasons-to-challenge-yourself
Accessed on 27th November 2017




No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...