Friday 3 February 2017

MY FILM - Part 4 Production Design (Film Prep)

Make Up and Costume:

Sarah: The main character is dressed in a gothic style. This will consist of a black coat, black makeup and most likely will have black trousers and probably some black gloves and messy hair.

Beth: The clone of the main character will look more formal in work clothes, whether that will be a suit or a smart dress, I think that will depend on what the actor has. Apart from that she will look formal and would look like they where coming home from work.

Felix: Similar to Sarah he would be slightly gothic, and dressed smart. Probably a formal shirt with a big coat over the top.

In terms of comparisons to the actual scene in this instance I don't want to change the costume from what it already is. I don't think it is necessary to change everything just for the point of saying I changed something. I think the costume is well done for the characters we see, so I see no point in changing it.

Props:
I will need a few props to make my scene feel right. I will need a mobile phone for the conversations to take place on. For that I will use mine or the actors if they are alright with that. I will also need a handbag for Sarah and beth to use. For this I hope the actor is alright with letting us use hers for the scene. I will also need the use of a train for my scene, which I have got the right to use for my scene on the Spa Valley Railway in Tunbridge Wells. I will also use the train as a set, I hoping there will be an empty carriage to film in, however i doubt that will be possible so I will just ask any other passengers if they are alright with it.

Lighting:
For both of my scenes I plan to use natural light, as I feel artificial lights outside, one would be hard to properly set up due to extension cable limitations and also due to it probably not looking correct. However I may take some lights to the second day of the shoot as there is a possibility it could be set inside if it is raining for example or possibly if the cafe owner changes her mind and does not want us to be outside the shop.










Edit:
Here are some pictures sent from Jessica who plays the main characters, and the costume design was exactly what I was looking for.

Left hand side is Sarah's clothes whilst on the right hand side is Beth's.



 



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...