Tuesday 7 February 2017

How I Developed My Initial Ideas

Initial plans for my scene:
I would do 3 scenes (Station, Bar and apartment scene)
I would need 3 locations booked - Station, Cafe and an apartment 
I would need two actors, 1 male 1 female to play Felix and Sarah
I would have more close up camera shots that the original scene to convey emotion more
I was planning to use my drone for some shots
I was planning to use the Sony EX camera for my project
I was planning to film handheld

What I have changed


1) I am now planning to only do the first two scenes on the station and the bar turned cafe scene. This was for a few reasons. Firstly because out scene was only suppose to be around 6 minutes, with the apartment scene it extended over eight minutes. Secondly because it would not have really added anything to the scene, It would have been a good chance to use my drone but the scene is not necessary. Finally because apartment cost was incredibly high and even then they would not let you film there.

2) I might take my drone, incase I feel a very good shot could be taken, but in reality I probably won't be using it. I feel that it is a lot of hassle for a shot that would look very different because of the quality of the drone camera. Whilst it has a higher resolution, it can't really capture the colours as well as the Sony EX camera.
3) I was never planning to use a dolly in my scene but after using it for the first time in a DSLR workshop a few weeks ago I thought it created a very good look so I would like to use them. I did email Feg but unfortunately It was booked, but none the less it was an idea I had not thought of before.

4)  Actors have changed slightly in appearance but it will not effect my film, as I went through casting call pro I was selecting people that looked similar so that you could still recognise who they are suppose to be, but for instance Jamie (Playing Felix) has slightly lighter hair than he does in the actual scene.

5) I was planning to film completely handheld however I now think I will take a tripod as backup incase. This would be especially for the scene at the cafe which could probably work well, but maybe might make the scene a little boring, but it will be good to have the option.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...