Friday 7 October 2016

Editing Workshop "Coffee Making" - Friday 7th October


Today we had an editing workshop using clips about making coffee. It was only my 2nd time using premier pro and I am starting to get use to it. 
Personally I have used Sony Vegas for 5-6 years so I'm pretty competent on that but I want to learn premier pro as well as I know Vegas. It was a lot about making sure the audio and the video matched. 
We had more video footage than we actually needed so we needed to choose what was best. In the video  I was not 100% sure if the audio narration is in the right order, but I guess this is upto interpretation.  
It was split into 4 or 5 different pieces so it was hard to tell exactly what order it was suppose to be in. After showing Ferg he seemed to like it in general. 


He told me I did slightly overdo it with the fading and transitions but it's a good platform to learn from. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. We only had about 90 minutes to really learn new tools and then put it into practice. However I did feel I did a decent job with the footage and time given but if I had more time I would edit a few things. 
I would probably keep going over the audio to see if it worked better in a different order and I might adjust how the introduction starts and ends as it goes on for a bit too long for mine and fergs liking.

Overall I really enjoyed this workshop as it is what I have come into this course to get better at. It is one of my main interests as I start so learning a new piece of software is a lot of fun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...