Friday 14 October 2016

Editing Workshop - Fairly Legal show Edit.

Here is my first edit of "Fairly Legal" Our editing task for 4th October.

We had to edit from 10 clips, of which most had the full scene. We had to decide which was the best take and then edit it into the timeline like a radio edit. I'm starting to get used to premier pro now, I am editing outside of lessons as well so hopefully that will improve the rate at which I am learning the software. Some of the audio was very tight to edit, pretty much a frame or two between two lines of audio so getting the audio right as well as the video looking right was tough but i enjoyed the challenge.

Colour correction.
We had a very bright clip in out sequence and this is how I have colour corrected it.


BEFORE














AFTER












Not that much different between the two but without really knowing what I am doing I think I have improved it slightly.

After a little more colour correcting I have a new film with all shots that needed it


I think that it is slightly better that the first version which is very blue in the window scene. However after making a preset I made sure all of the window clip where the same. I think it is better (The colour correction) But I feel if I knew how to really colour correct it could be a lot better.

I have colour corrected and white balanced etc in the past on Sony Vegas, so getting used to Premier pro is a lot of fun and I think once i get use to it a little more I will be using premier pro outside uni as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...