Saturday 12 May 2018

Transition - Introduction Fine Cut


Cailan has given me a fine cut of the introduction sequence for me to asses and has asked me to point out any glaring features we should change.

I pointed out the main three issues I could see.

  • -The First two shots and metro bank shot need straightening
  • Not sure about the name its a bit vague unless that's a placeholder 
  • - Colour correcting
I think this is a great start from Cailan and I know he intends to pull in Louis' voiceover as soon as it is ready. Unfortunately, Louis has delayed sending us the audio file even though we had stated it would have already needed to be completed by now. I could tell Cailan was getting frustrated with this issue and I tried my best to ease the situation, saying to focus on the PTC and Vox pop segments.

I have followed up the situation with Louis who says he will get the audio online by the end of Sunday. This will still be a rush for Cailan, but it was important for me to keep liaising with the presenter.

Considering this has been a two-person project, I am really happy with how much we have achieved. We have had to double up on a lot of roles taking away time from our main goals. Over the next few days, I hope to see a fine cut from Cailan and I will hopefully be able to give some constructive help about what could be changed. At this stage, I cannot do much to help Cailan in the edit as that is his area of expertise. 

I will be setting up the website over the coming days and will tell Cailan what he needs to do for his segment. I do not want him to have any pressure in terms of setting the website up so I will do all of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...