Sunday 13 May 2018

Transition - Full Fine Cut

Cailan has been hard at work over the last few days and has completed a full fine cut of the whole show. With a few days until the deadline we feel it is unlikely that a huge amount will change as of right now. I am really happy with the process that Cailan has made and I have been on hand at all times to assist when needed. I am fully aware that this is his edit. I am simply just suggesting small tweaks if I feel that they are needed. The fine cut sits at nearly 10 minutes long which is fine for Vox as their pieces have a wide range of 5-10 minutes for the most part. Saying this, however, I think we narrow down this project to around 8 minutes long.

After watching this version of the edit I noted down some possible things to change.
  1. I thought that a few of the shots that Cailan recorded on the Panasonic were overexposed and probably needed some colour correcting. This should not be much of an issue but is worth nothing.
  2. Louis voice still needs to be added in. This is not Cailan's fault as our presenter Louis said he would have the voice over to us by last week and has still yet to record it.  
  3. I personally felt that the intro was a little long. I know the script is the way Cailan has always planned but it did feel to drag on somewhat. However, I think this is a vital part of this project and I think we just need to tighten it up with quicker shots rather than changing the voiceover.
  4. I thought the found footage shots near the end with Ms Schak talking was unneeded. It could at least be narrowed down as right now it is taking up a large majority of this project. 
  5. I felt there could be shots of Katie's YouTube channel when she is speaking as it may make that specific segment flow just a little better.
  6. I am not a massive fan of the side on shots recorded on the Panasonic when recording the Vox Pops. Firstly they are not centred in the frame very well and they look a little out of place. I know Simon mentioned that this is a worldwide topic and we should not confine the video to such a specific area. To combat this I think we should focus on the one shot of the person who is being interviewed. The close up gives fewer clues about the setting away to the viewer which may take away some of the impacts.
  7. Music needs to continue on through the piece but I know Cailan had not got around to that just yet.
Overall I am really happy with how this project is moving along. With only a few days left it may be hard to complete and fix all the issues, but we both feel we have a solid subject matter and one that has challenged both of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...