Sunday 13 May 2018

Transition - Setting up Website

We have to create a website for our projects to be launched on, as well as showing key findings which helped inform our approaches to the project.

As Cailan is busy with the edit I felt it would be best for me to do the website part of this project. I decided to use WIX as I had previous experience with the website making tool and I felt competent enough to complete a good website using this tool.

I started by signing up and creating a password that we would all have access too. The website can be accessed through this link: https://abaldwin54.wixsite.com/dataprivacy 

This website already had some edgy graphics and I decided that I would follow a similar route with my design. I did not have access to any of Cailan's artwork at this stage so I simply put some images to create space on the website.

I started off by making sure we had a bold opening image. As of making this website, we had not decided on a full title but we had a few working titles. I decided to go with the tagline "HOW SECURE IS YOUR DATA?" I thought this was abt to our project and summed up what we are attempting to talk about in our project. It is bold and brings the website visitors attention right away to the issue which I think is very important. I also accompanied this tagline with a picture of someone being interviewed which easily shows the style of the documentary we are making. I think these two bold images give a great sense of what this project is about.

Also on the main page, I decided it would be good to have a segment to confirm what the objective of the website is. I also decided it would be a nice touch to include extra pictures of the shoot, direct from the cameras. These pictures mean that the main page is not just a wall of text which is boring to look at and understand. The "about" section will probably have some more work added to it over time. Saying this, I do not want it to become too complicated and confuse anyone who visits the site.

I will show this to Cailan and ask if there is anything he wishes to add to the design. As of right now, I think this is a good start as the main point of the website is the research which we have undertaken.


As you can see at the top of the page, I have a navigation bar which allows users to go through all of the pages and look at all of the information that we have posted. As of creating this website I have not completed my findings so I did not wish to put them on the website before I was happy with how it read. It should be on the website by Tuesday morning. We also need to discuss if we are going to have a production name or if we are going to stay with jus A&C as a backdrop!



There are three blank pages as of creating which are for my research as a director, Cailan's research as an editor and a page for the final project. These extra pages will all be completed very soon but this blog was just showing my first attempt at piecing the website together.

I am happy to have been of some help to Cailan and not putting any of pressure on him to create a website or his page because I know the edit is his main concern right now. I will make sure his segment is added to the website as well as soon as he has time to complete his research.

With only a few days to go, we are in a good position and I am really happy with how this unit has gone. It has been a unit which has been tough on us all with such a tight turnaround but I feel we have kept the professionalism and created something to be proud of!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...