Sunday 29 April 2018

Transition - Storyboarding "What Does Facebook Know About You?"

As the director, one of my main roles pre-production was storyboarding what is going to be shot. I had a rough idea of some shots from Cailan's script but I now had to get to work on my directorial decisions.

I know already, drawing up scripts is not one of my stronger points, but I hope this experience has helped. As we are following a certain style of video for this piece of work I knew I could not change vastly the type and style of shots that are included. I did, however, change some scenes to fit my directional style, as that is my purpose in this project.

The idea is for the project to be as relatable to many as possible. This means in the scripts keeping it quite open and not so "in your face". Some of the shots I have decided to shoot are bold, including some close-up shots of the presenter which may be odd at first, but will suit the style of the documentary. I hope the variation in shots will help keep the viewer's attention while still sticking to the video ethics of our chosen series "Vox". As you can see in the "Shift Change" video linked above, a wide mixture of shot sizes is used to hold the viewer's attention as well as telling the story in a unique way.

Below are my storyboards for this project. I have not implemented in shots of the graphics and found footage as we will have a discussion as a team when it get's to the editing stage. We know what style said graphics and found footage would look like, but we cannot plan it until we have a rough cut.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...