Monday 30 April 2018

Transition - Confirming Locations, Times & Final Details

The location has been confirmed for the Cafe thanks to Cailan. He had been emailing back and forth with a couple of possible cafe's. After phone calls, Cailan had suggested we follow up Cafe Manna based 200m from Tunbridge Wells station. This location evidently had the most room for filming and Cailan had made sure of this. On my side, I had already recced the location where we planned to film the Vox Pops. I had visited Tunbridge Wells town centre many times in the past so I knew where the people would congregate and give us the best chance of a good interview. The location will offer great natural lighting as well as little sound issues as there is only a quiet bus lane nearby. I am happy I could recce the location beforehand and understand the possible problems as well as how best we could shoot.

The main uncontrollable variance we have for tomorrow will be the weather. All week the reports have been changing, some saying run, some saying overcast and some saying sun. We cannot change what will happen but I chose Thursday in good knowledge of it being the best day. Our other planned shoot day was Tuesday, but once we condensed to a one day shoot, Thursday would hopefully give better lighting as well as more time to prepare.

I have made a call sheet for the day's events so we can keep on schedule. This is not something that needs to be stuck to exactly, more of a guide to help us keep on time.


  • 9:15am Alex and Cailan arrive in Tunbridge Wells
  • 10:00 Meet Louis at Station
  • 10:30 Go to Vox Pop recording area
  • 12:30pm Finish recording vox pops & cutaways and Walk to Cafe for Lunch
  • 1:30 Finish Lunch and Plan how we are going to film PTC scene.
  • 3:30 Finish recording and record any final cutaways shot.
  • 4:00 Louis will get a train back to London
  • 4:30 Get Footage onto Cailan's Harddrive
  • 5:00 Shoot day complete


Liaising with Louis over the last few days I have made sure to state what he should wear as well as where we will meet him. I said that Louis should dress Smart-Casual and gave him the reference to the Vox videos we are taking inspiration from. I also mentioned that we would meet Louis either by the Taxi rank on one side of the station or in the station lounge on the other. I would text Louis on the day with where we would be.

All preparation has been completed before we start shooting in the next few days. We are still yet to hear from a contributor but I am confident I can get something sorted in the next few days. We could do this whole segment without a contributor but I feel it would something extra to our piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...