Wednesday 24 January 2018

First World Problems PITCH Reflection

I wanted to reflect on the pitch and evaluate how it went and take on board the feedback that was given.

Starting off I assume everyone was in the same boat, everyone was probably nervous in some way and the same was the case for myself and Cailan. It was fewer nerves about presenting as I felt confident in my abilities to communicate the message of the presentation. It was more worries about possible questions and if we did actually have an answer to them.

I think the presentation went okay... I was happy with how I presented the powerpoint but no doubt I probably did make mistakes. I noticed Cailan talked very fast at certain points so it possibly meant the message may have been lost in that moment, but nerves were playing a factor for both of us. We got through the majority of the slides with little issues, but the timing of changing slides etc could have been better as at some points we were ahead or behind what was actually being said.

We did get a hurry up with a few minutes to go and Cailan did end up started stumbling a more. I don't think that this affected us really, but the nerves had gone into overload at that point. We got through all of our slides in the 10-minute slot and we then had to worry about questions.

I wasn't too disappointed with the questions and feedback. Del criticised the enthusiasm of the project, thinking that if we had come up with this idea and gotten it to this stage that we should have been more enthused about it. All I can think is that the nerves had gotten in the way of me pitching the project in a better way. I wasn't that disappointed with my pitching performance, but I did wish that I spent a bit of time learning the slides and what was on them so I would have to rely less on the cue cards that I was holding.

It seemed as if this idea was very plausible and one that could have been put into practice if it was chosen. However, I feel that the idea itself may have been too dry and not exciting enough. If we had chosen a more interesting "First world problem" than it may have been a better idea and pitch.

Even though we had gone to the lengths of finding a presenter and getting him to record a video it seems that may have actually been negative in our pitch. Some did not like that Andrew was not enthusiastic enough. This was odd because he was pretty enthusiastic about his piece to camera and an interesting enough video to show the type of presenter that we wanted. We had also cast 12 people as possible presenters which they did seem to like.

Of course, it would have been nice to have been the producer but in reality, our idea was not good enough and our pitch could have probably gone better. If we had chosen a more interesting first world problem then maybe our pitch had been better received, but I still feel the idea as a concept was not good enough. I would have liked to have worked harder on our pitch but I found it hard to get everything I wanted to be communicated with our team. In hindsight, it would be nicer to work for a few more days on this project. before pitching so both sides of the party could have contributed more.

I am looking forward to now working on Katie and Mellisa's project! It will be really nice to work on something in a different genre and broaden my experience. I hope to be working with cameras in some way as I think that is probably my best skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...