Wednesday 16 November 2016

Filming my Project - Day 1 Dymchurch Beach

Filming Day 1 - Dymchurch Beach

Day 1 of my film was taking place mostly at Dymchurch Beach. In the morning we filmed a few shots in my room to get a bit of the backstory of why the film follows the path does what is does. george was the main character in my film and Connor was the 2nd main character. Andrew was going to be apart of these shots as well but he went home before we started filming

Another problem we came across was that the microphone that we where supplied with did not work. We did try and get an answer as to why, so we had to do a whole day of filming with the inbuilt microphone which was disappointing. Another problem was that the tide was in for a long time whilst we where filming, meaning that we only got  a few beach shots and meaning i had to adjust my shots as we went.


 We decided to use this car park as the main center of this scene, this was suppose to be on the beach, but obviously we couldnt. We could not have booked the beach for longer as the light was going, even by our 3pm finishing slot. We had to adjust my story that the two bad guys where dragging the body out of the sea (instead of being left on the beach) and in general I thought this looked very good. I adjusted the exposure to get a very dark shot, to try and represent early morning and it looked very good on playback. We also decided to get some shots to set the scene. I wanted to make sure I got as much footage as possible so that when I'm editing I can make a choice on what I like the most.


We did some very interesting shots where the body was dragged over the camera and I felt that looked very good. One problem was that there where 4 characters in this scene and we only had 3 actors as Andrew went home. This meant me and connor has to switch out as the body and means that editing will be very hard to not look bad, with obvious continuity problems.

Once we got back to my home we did one more shot at the front door, which was done when it was pretty dark, I wasn't expecting this shot to be in the dark but it worked pretty well. Connor and George did stay a bit later than expected to help me get these last shots, and i really appreciated that as I feel we made the best out of a bad situation, adapted on the spot and still got some really good footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...