Wednesday 18 January 2017

MY FILM - Locations and Actors Part 1 (Film Prep)

I have started getting responses from actors regarding my project now. I started off my messaging actors who fit the appearance of my main character - Female, black hair etc and I was basically messaging through casting call pro asking if they where interested in the project. I have sent out about 12 messages so far, casting call pro locks you at 5 per day and none the less I have started to get a lot of interest. I did clearly state that it is a student film and will be filmed at the start of February and currently has no set location as I am still in talks with the Kent film office, but still I have had 5 responses as I write this.

The people I have contacted so have also been told that I don't have a huge budget and will only be paying for travel expenses and food, but thankfully the people on casting call pro are really professional and understand that.

As for locations I have had a bit of trouble getting the train station sorted meaning I may have to rethink my plans. I thought I had a great plan for this but the kent film office said I had to contact each station directly meaning that I have no responses as of yet. As for the cafe and the house I'm having similar problems.I was told to book a house through AirBNB which will set me back at least £50 from what I have seen. As for the cafe I will have to contact them individually but I feel that most cafe's won't check their emails regularly, but I will try. I do feel that if it's a worst case scenario we can always ask on the day and find somewhere which will let us film, but of course I don't want it to come to that.

Overall it has been tough to get everything sorted but I feel that I am getting there and just need to make sure with Simon that my scene and script is ok before I proceed further with booking the house for filming etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...