Tuesday 16 May 2017

Documentary Unit - What I Contributed

I feel we have done a good job in this unit as we only had a 3 man group whilst others worked in 4's. This blog post is dedicated to what I have contributed to this unit. We have done a great job at all dedicating an equal amount of work to do.

Here is what I have contributed to this project.

- Before Cailan joined we did a lot of research on facts and ideas about what people do to lose weight. George and I split this work equally.

- Once Cailan joined we split the script work equally but as Cailan missed a few days we had to fill in as we had changed our parts we had to change parts of Cailan's so it would make sense.

- I was responsible for messaging presenters and I whittled it down to a few who we then interviewed. All three of us took part in a skype interview and chose Andrew as our presenter. George and I did do a pre-interview analysis and we did think Andrew was initially the best.

- Location prep was mostly split between myself and George as we planned possible activities. I organised Pole fitness but was working at the time they wanted me to call them so George phoned to confirm shooting days. I planned the running sequence which was eventually scrapped but we still used the footage as B-roll.  Between the three of us we decided on a good place for the photoshoot.

- George was struggling to get replies for a Nutritionist interview so I wanted to help a hand. I messaged a few people out and thankfully we got in contact with Jayne who was happy for us to do an interview.

- On the shoot days George and I were present for all 7 shoot days whilst Cailan missed three, however when we filmed we all shared duties between us and normally shot with multiple cameras to make sure we had good options in editing.

- In editing we split the show into 6 main parts and had 2 each. I had the nutritionist interview as well as the Photoshoot montage. I also did smaller parts - Selfie comparison and intro/outro as well as credits. Cailan and George did a great job in editing and camerawork

- Cailan did day 1 of the voiceover work and I did a bit of patch up audio work a week later.

I think when we have all been in we have contributed equally to this project, it was just a couple of days that there was only 2 of us which sometimes meant that we did struggle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...