Sunday 18 November 2018

Pre Production - TIMELINE OF EVENTS

1 - SEQ Flash Forward: Start of the race, Action/Montage/Speed/Fixation on Intensity of Race

2 - V/O “My name is Alex Baldwin and I want to know how hard it is to follow your dreams. But to understand how this all started, we need to go back 3 months to where this all began.”

3 - SEQ Doorbell Rings, Walking into Cailan's House, Various Shots of Group Chatting w/ audio softened

4 - “PTC” Alex “So, I have this idea”

5 - DIARY ROOM “Since I was young, Motorsport has been a part of my life. My dad introduced me to the sport when I was in primary school and I have followed it ever since. I have always had this dream of giving it a go myself. But how hard is it to actually race a car? This documentary is going to show my journey from a complete novice, to achieving my dream of competing in a motor race”

6 - SEQ Walking down to Karting track entrance. PTC “So this is where it all started. This is where I got my first taste of driving on a track. I was…. 11 Years old I think, I came here to my local kart track with my parents to give it a go.”

7 - V/O or OOV (cutting back to be at the side of the track) with shots of me going around track: “There is something special when you’re out on track, The rush of adrenaline, The speed and the sense of freedom you don’t get from driving on the road.

8 - V/O Most top racing drivers have raced professionally since they were 5 or 6 years old. I think to fully understand what I need to do before taking part in my first race, I’m going to speak to some young karters who are at the start of their careers.

9 - INT Various Interviews with Kart drivers who talk about why they started to go karting, what are their aims and what did they find was the biggest challenge when racing for the first time?

10 - V/O It was pretty obvious that to be successful in motorsport you had to have a lot of dedication to it. I wanted to start off by seeing if my fitness was going to be an issue. So I’ve come to ….. In …… so they can tell me

11 - SEQ showing how fit I am and what I would need to work on before the main race.

12 - PTC CAR SHOT “Wow…. I didn’t realise that there would be so much work needed before starting my first motor race. I guess it’s time to take my fitness and eating habits a little more seriously before the big race”

13- DIARY ROOM/PTC MIX The first motor race that I ever saw in person was the British GT in 2004 at Brands Hatch. I must have been just 8 years old. I remember driving into the infield car park and the noise was insane. (Quick Montage cutaway clip of noise) For some reason, I distinctly remember the car that won that day, a Red Porsche. It always brings back great memories when I am here as this is where it all began.

Sequence sitting on south bank “from here you could see a lot of the track. I remember my dad parking us up and walking around peering through the catch fence….. It feels strange that in just a few months I’ll be on the other side of that fence.

14- SEQ emergency team meeting George: “So we have known for a long time that this is going to cost a lot of money and I think we should find a way to help cover the cost” (fading out) V/O “Motorsport is not a cheap sport, to race professionally for multiple seasons, it will cost millions. You simply cannot do this without the backing from companies or friends and family. To understand how we should go about finding sponsors, I spoke to some racing drivers who have managed to find backing to support their dreams”

15- INT Multiple Drivers Talking about finding sponsorship

16- SEQ/VO “It would be really tough to take if we could not maximise the opportunity to race because of the budget, but that is the reality of motorsport. No Money, No Race. Along with the production team, we have sent off a lot of emails and had many phone calls to try and secure some funding. It’s not going to be a simple process, but we can hope for the best. Hopefully, we will have some positive messages soon!

17- SEQ Fitness Update

18- SEQ “So we have recently got the schedule through for the 2019 racing season. It let’s me know that the track I will be racing at is …….. This gives me the opportunity to start learning the track via a gaming simulator.” Including shots of the game, hand movements, pedals, eyes focusing. “With enough practice, I will be able to find out my braking points as well as any areas of the track that could be good for overtaking opportunities

19- INT - Drivers speaking about what they have learned when training on a simulator

20- SEQ - Setting lap time on the game to compare just before the race

21- SEQ/INT - Chatting with friends and relatives, proving what motorsport means to ALEX

22- SEQ - Mail coming through, running upstairs. Filling out license form & explaining why its important. Explaining thoughts on it all

23- SEQ - A few weeks later…. (Exercise/Sim Work/Emailing quick cut?) Entering the circuit to do a racing license. Including scenes with medical. Shots in and around the car while the license is happening. Exterior shots proving speed and action. Scene hopefully ending with a license in hand.

24- DIARY ROOM G/C “so what does it feel like now you know you will definitely be racing in a few weeks, now that the license is confirmed” Alex Answers

25- SEQ/MONTAGE The last few months have certainly tested me both physically, mentally and financially. After some great discussions with sponsors, I have been able to receive some funding for this race. We also had an amazing amount of support by people on the Kickstarter page. I have been practising the track every single day on my simulator which has really helped me understand the track. Little PTC “Oh I have improved by… seconds”. I have also increased my training over the past months and I hope to see an improvement as I head back to the training centre.

26- SEQ Training Center Looking at how I have hopefully improved

27- SEQ Equipment coming through the door & going to Trackday

28- SEQ The importance of a trackday and why I am doing it

29- INT Final Advise From Drivers / Bruno showing what to do on the track

30- DIARY ROOM Final Thoughts before the race

31- SEQ Race Day - Getting Up, Travelling to track, meeting the team, Preparation work, looking around the car, Qualifying, Lunch, Putting kit on, ready to race (silence, heartbeat?), Montage of RACE mixed with opinions from the pitlane and also via driver who is micced up, shots of the car, team in garage, friends and family, Finally car crossing line, coming into the pits, celebrations, (podium?!), photos being taken, hugging family members, silence.

32- V/O with shots of the whole story + race “So what does it take to achieve your dreams? Hard Work Dedication, probably a lot of money, support of your peers” So what next? How can you beat it? Well, this journey starts all over again, what's the next dream, the next challenge, who knows what life will throw back at you?

33- Credits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...