Wednesday 5 April 2017

Documentary Unit - Script Update (Nearly Complete)

With our final meeting before shooting on Friday we needed to get the script sorted, as right now alongside getting a presenter that was the most important thing.

To maximise efficiency we set up a google doc which is pretty much an online version of word so anyone with the link can edit it. We wanted to make sure we all pulled our weight so we split the document into three parts (roughly a 1/3 of the script each) and we dedicated that part to each of us. (I was the first part, George the middle and Cailan was doing the end of the script)

Being online it gave us a bit of leniency on where we could edit the document, We all live far apart from each other and pretty far from the studios so it make a lot more sense to do it online and we all contributed a lot to the script with this method.

Alongside doing the script we each were doing other parts of the project. I was sorting through the actors, George was trying to set up interviews and Cailan was looking at locations. This way we all were once again splitting the project evenly.

Here is my near final version of my part of the script. I will probably adjust small things before the meeting on Friday but right now I think it is the best it has been so far!


 It was a strange challenge doing this script as this was the first time I had ever seen a script laid out like this but I think the way we did it meant we could all learn it and not put too much pressure on us to write a huge amount of pages by ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...