Monday 19 September 2016

Course Introduction - Monday 19th September

The course was introduced and we were given the brief on what we will be doing in this unit.
Our first brief was a ten page script or screenplay accompanied with a 10 minute film of the script. The title that we were given to base out story on was "the meeting"and the genres given were comedy, thriller and drama.

The first thing that came into my head was a drug dealer meeting with someone, which by the sounds of that was a very common idea because moments later Simon said someone had done this last year and it didn't work too well. So right away I was learning what would and would not work.

I knew starting this unit that personally this was not currently my strongest point and I wanted to take in as much as possible. Listing to simon talk about his experience and what he felt worked was interesting and it started to give me ideas that were hopefully better than my drug dealer meeting I started off with.

I now know that part of what makes a good story is one that has something changing between the start and the beginning, it sounds simple but when I think about it a lot of bad shows have a lot of action and funny moments but the show as a whole does not have any change meaning, so really... "what was the point?"

Even though as I said, I know my writing and scripting in the past hasn't been my strongest point, I feel I now have a good base to improve an hopefully develop things I never thought I would have been able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...