Tuesday 5 February 2019

Production - Shotlist & Camera Cards: Fitness Test Sequence

Before our test shoot on the 14th of April, I constructed all of the information needed to film a test sequence of our fitness day. This comprised of a shotlist, the questions I would be asking the personal trainer as well as camera plans for the key sections.

As this has been a quick turnaround, we have been unable to recce the location, therefore our test shoot will start by understanding the location and our restrictions. This test shoot will also enable me to create camera cards in higher detail, with an exact idea of what the shots will look like.

Doing a test before the real sequence will be very important for this scene in particular, as creating powerful shots which show the contributor (myself) in a struggle/pain will create an intriguing scene. The test shoot may also allow someone to take over from me as the contributor and direct the scene as I visualise it. As this will not be a possibility on the shoot date, getting Cailan to direct will allow us all to be on the same wavelength when we film the actual scene in March.

After completing this test, I will be able to adapt the information I have produced below, creating a confirmed shot list and proper camera cards. The questions should not change too much, as they are the ones needed to get the correct answers for our project. George has arranged help in the form of Connor for this shoot date, meaning we will be operating through a two camera set up to get as much coverage as possible.

Our past tests have enabled scenes to go to plan when we actually film. I am happy we have learned from the mistakes made in the licensing scene, meaning for all future scenes we will have an idea of what the outcome should be. This means there will be no issues in communication within the crew, as we should all be visualising each scene the same.

Fitness Test Shotlist:

Camera 1: Sony AX53 on the shoulder rig
Camera 2: Panasonic G7 on shoulder rig [Focusing on close ups]

  1. FITNESS SEQUENCE
  2. M/S Alex driving to Gym
  3. W/S Alex parking up [Static on Tripod]
  4. Establishing shot of Gym [Static on Tripod]
  5. W/S Alex walking into the Gym [Static on tripod]
  6. M/S Following Alex into the gym
  7. W/S Alex speaking to instructor [While Voiceover is going]
  8. M/S Alex speaking to instructor “So I’m going to take part in my first ever motor race”
  9. C/U Alex speaking to the instructor 
  10. C/U of gym instructor speaking
  11. C/U Running, feet on the machine, sweat dripping [Gym Montage]
  12. C/U Cycle machine, legs spinning [Gym Montage]
  13. M/S Getting out of the saddle and pushing harder [Gym Montage]
  14. C/U Slamming weights down [Gym Montage]
  15. W/S Empty Gym for a quick pause in intensity [Gym Montage]
  16. C/U Face while on the rowing machine [Gym Montage]
  17. M/S Pulling weights down [Gym Montage]
  18. Other C/U of the workout  [Gym Montage]
  19. C/U Collapsing on the floor from exhaustion [Gym Montage]
  20. M/S Alex reflecting on a session with instructor
  21. C/U Alex reflecting on a session with instructor
  22. C/U Instructor reflecting on a session with instructor
  23. M/S Alex shaking hand of the instructor
  24. M/S Alex walking out of venue [Static on tripod]
  25. C/U Alex getting into car 50/50 screen [From behind car]. 50% car LOF, 50% Alex getting in car ROF [Static on tripod] 
  26. M/S Alex driving and speaking [Airing thoughts]

Fitness Questions:

  • (As two are standing still near the entrance) So I am going to be racing in my first ever motor race soon, are you able to assess my fitness level and see what I can improve on?
  • (As two are walking) So I’m a keen cyclist, but I could definitely put on a bit of upper body muscle, how important is that in motorsport? 
  • (Continued…) What do you typically find is the area most drivers need to work on?
  • (Continued…) Well, I better see for myself then!
  • GYM INSTRUCTOR TO RUN THROUGH MULTIPLE DIFFERENT “TESTS” TO ASSESS ALEX. ACTUALITY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS THEY GO THROUGH THE TESTS. ALEX TO MENTION SOMETHING ABOUT DIET/ EATING THE RIGHT FOOD!
  • (After tests…) That was pretty intense, how do you think I did?
  • If you were to give me a few goals to reach, what would they be?
  • So if I complete those do you think I’ll be ready? - Answer “ Yes, but if you don’t get to that level, we would be worried about your fitness behind the wheel”
  • Well, that gives me a lot to work on! Guess I better get cracking! See you soon!
  • George to ask Alex in Car - “Are you worried about your fitness, as you have a lot to do in just a few months!”
Camera Plans for KEY scenes







No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...