Thursday 15 December 2016

Red Riding - Directing Unit Research Task

My challenge is to read the Red Riding script and decide on the Crew (DOP). Production designer, Composer, Editor, Locations, Tone and Style.

After reading the script here are my ideas:
Director:
Not sure if it is suppose to be realistic on who could direct it but someone like Alfred Hitchcock was great at making mystery stories and from the opening scenes of this film it seems like he could really work with this.

Production Designer:
Rick Carter from previous experience would be good for this. I loved Back to the future in which he did a great job and I think even though this is a different genre he can add his expertise well.

Composer:
Bernard Herrmann's work in psycho would be my reason for choosing him. he knows how to evoke a response in the audience and he certainly did that with psycho and even though that woukd seem to be a different genre to Red Riding I think it could work well.

Editor:
From some of the films that Thelma Schoonmaker has edited I would say she could be a good choice. You want someone to know your genre and from the work she has done it looks like she could edit this into a very good show.
Location:
From reading the script I would say somewhere in a working town up north or even into Scotland. I would probably pick the highlands in Scotland. Somewhere very remote so that the story makes sense with someone going missing and no possible leads.


Tone And Style:
From reading the script I get the feeling that it would be a serious tone and everything would be seen as it would be in real life, no little jokes in there for comedic effect. In terms of style I think you would film it a little like a documentary to try and get all the facts but at the same time you would need to get backstory in a different way that you would not be able to in a documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...