Saturday 9 December 2017

Watford Ladies Commission: Script Rewrite

After changes with the documentary due to circumstances out of my control, I have rewritten the script to better represent what has been filmed. This rewrite of the script is very important for editing as it will enable me to edit faster.

After some research, I found without a good script, it will make the final piece not as strong.
"What makes truly great creative video content? Alfred Hitchcock used to wind up his leading actors on the first day of filming by arriving on set a little late, slap down the final script on his chair and announce “Well ladies and gentlemen, that’s another one in the can.” Of course, what he wanted to draw everyone’s attention to was the importance of the script to the film. There are many, many films where a weak or non-existent story completely hobbles otherwise fine performances and camerawork. On the other hand, some modest films become very successful simply because the script was so good." (Chris Mugford, 2015)

I decided that writing the script through, nearly from scratch would be a worthwhile exercise. Even though I had already started editing, it would enable me to edit what I have left a lot faster. This will also be useful for the report as it will be included in that as well.

Here is the script after my re-write:

Chris Mugford, 2015
Accessed on 9th December





No comments:

Post a Comment

Production - Major Project Evaluation

Overall Process The creation of "Dream Chaser" has certainly been the hardest challenge of my life. I took on board the responsi...